Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chicken & Lime Tortilla Soup


I'm off work today, YAY! I cooked a Chicken, Lime, Chipotle Tortilla Soup for dinner tonight, and I decided to add a can of corn and a can of beans to make it a little more it hearty. I LOVED the flavor. It definitely had a kick (due to the chipotle chiles) and i love lime & cilantro. I served it with chips and guacamole. 
Watching: Bridesmaids 
Listening to: Kings of Leon

Ingredients 

•                2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
•                1 onion, finely chopped
•                6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
•                3 chicken breast, cooked & shredded
•                2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (NOT 2 cans, two chiles)
•                1 can of yellow corn
•                1 can of black beans
•                6 cups chicken broth
•                1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
•                Juice of 2 limes
•                Salt and pepper
•                1 hass avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise into 12 pieces
Crushed tortilla chips

Directions 

In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 7 minutes.
Add the chicken and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chipotles/adobo sauce, corn, and beans. Then stir in the chicken broth.
Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
Place 2 avocado slices in each of 6 soup bowls and pour in the soup. Top with the tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment