Friday, August 17, 2012

Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken

So many great things have happened since my last blog post: starting a new 'real-life' job, moving into a big girl apartment & celebrating my first payday (today). My room-mate and I LOVE our apartment & have had a great time in our new space. We have decided to trade off kitchen duty, by each cooking a few nights a week. 

Tonight, I decided to bake a recipe I have been eyeing on Pintrest for a long time & it definitely lived up to my expectations. It was rather easy, affordable, and delicious. The only thing that I would have done differently was to make it a tad more crispy. I tried it with and without the honey mustard, and I think that the honey mustard on the side definitely added to the dish. 

Listening to: Grizzly Bear (new album comes out Sept 18th) 
Watching: Downton Abbey Season 1 (for the second time) 

Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken
Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken, fresh salad & sweet potato 


Ingredients
  • 2/3 cups light honey mustard 
  • 1/8 tsp table salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp dill (chopped)
  • 1-2 cups crushed cornflakes
  • 1 lb uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (four 4oz pieces)

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a shallow pan with cooking spray.
  • In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, and dill; remove 1/3 cup and set aside.
  • Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into dressing mixture and then cornflake crumbs; place in prepared pan.
  • Bake until chicken is golden and no longer pink in center, about 15 minutes.
  • Drizzle remaining dressing mixture (the 1/3 cup that was set aside) over chicken breasts and serve. Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1 1/3 tablespoons of dressing per serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment