Monday, October 22, 2012

Community Shared Agriculture

This is how the shares comes, complete with reusable bin
Last month I became a member of a local CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) program called Urban Acres. Every two weeks, I pay a set amount of money for a share of local, organic produce. I enjoy knowing that the food I eat comes from the area and not millions of miles away. Also, the produce is seasonal so we will be exposed to new produce every two weeks! I wanted to share with you how fantastic this program is, so every two weeks, I take pictures of my share! I am sure many of my recipes will come from these fruits & vegetables as well! 

Urban Acres has a farm store in Oak Cliff, but I pick up my produce from a Fort Worth location! (off of 7th street).  If you want more information about CSA's in Fort Worth you can go to this website http://www.ecovian.com/s/fort-worth-tx/csa
Lovely bananas, apples, a lemon and a pomegranate. I can't wait to try and eat the pomegranate, it should be another experience entirely. I'm curious if people just eat them plain or in recipes?! 
Sweet potato, red potatoes, acorn squash, and lots of butternut squash!!! 
Romaine lettuce, broccoli, kale (newly obsessed with kale), and collard greens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment