Sunday, November 4, 2012

CSA Week #3

I get so excited for Saturday when I get to pick up my bin from the CSA (community supported agriculture). This week however, I had to work on Saturday so one of my lovely friends picked it up for me this week. (I still, totally owe you one!) I was pleasantly surprised with the produce this week. 

  • butternut squash
  • acorn squash (we now have two, one left over from last week)
  • eggplant
  • carrots
  • yellow & white onion
  • green bell pepper
  • spinach
  • cilantro
  • red potatoes
  • lots of sweet potato
  • bananas
  • oranges
  • apples
  • persimmon (should be interesting to cook with) 
  • We also have some kale and romaine lettuce left over from last week. 
I love having a full fridge, but now I must start planning which recipes to make this week! The most important thing with being part of a CSA is doing your homework. Its important to plan your meals, so you aren't throwing away produce at the end of the two weeks! It is also important to store your vegetables properly

No comments:

Post a Comment