Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chard & Onion Quiche

Find the original recipe here...

I found this recipe on The Lovely Cupboard & instantly wanted to make it! I had some chard in my refrigerator that I needed to use before it went bad, so I could incorporate it into my quiche. 


Ingredients:
1 pie crust (or use my traditional pie crust recipe) 
3 eggs
1 cup low fat milk
1 onion
1/2 zucchini, grated (left over)
1 bunch of red chard (leaves only)
4 oz of smoked gouda
*You could use mushrooms, green onions, spinach, etc to personalize your quiche. 


Cooking Instructions:
1. Thinly slice one yellow onion.
2. Caramelize or saute in olive oil.
3. Use a fork to punch holes in the bottom of the pie crust. Then grate 3 ounces of smoked Gouda (or your smoked cheese of choice) and spread across pie crust.
4. Spread cooked onions over cheese, and saute chard until slightly wilted. Spread sautéed chard over onions. Add a dash of salt and your favorite herbs.
5. Beat 3 eggs and whisk together with 1 cup milk.  
6. Pour the mixture evenly into the pie dish. Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes. Use the toothpick test in the middle to make sure the egg is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment